4👑☸ Cattāri Ariya-saccaṃ 四聖諦
Full Lotus Turtle
A comprehensive guide to sitting meditation postures
4👑☸4 noble truths, Lucid24.org home page
Why full lotus?
A taoist immortal said, the full lotus posture is twice as energetically effective as any other cross leg sitting posture. There are other benefits as well. But even if you don't aspire to sit full lotus, or even sit cross legged on the floor, there are important health and posture tips that applies to everyone, whether you sit on the chair or lie down.
🏃📐 ujuṃ kāyaṃ: proper way to straighten spine
🐢 around the world
a. sun salutation warmups
b. various angle leg and bound angle
c. plough variations
d. updog medusa and turtle
e. gorilla crouching jazz doens’t need yoga mat
f. turtle was a guest host, then a permanent partner
The move I do most frequently helpful for full lotus seated
under the video /silk reeling / silk neck brian
starting at 6 min mark, this is the turtle movement.
Ostensibly, it's to loosen the neck joints. But if you do it right, it lengthens and expands every vertebrae in the spine.
The radical gorilla enhancement is not just doing it in that one front-to-back plane of motion demonstrated in the video, but take it off the rails and “go around the world” (you should be able to sweep about a 180 range from left to right)
1. Do a 180 sweep from left to right side
2. from a starting backbend, with arms held forward in whatever way to counterbalance and help you feel stable, do the turtle with a 180 sweep. I call this around the world turtle
3. This can be done from a sitting posture, cross legged, legs spread out, whatever.
4. From a standing, forward bend (your torso is inverted, upside down), do "around the turtle". It feels really trippy and it releases your lower vertebrae from the inversion.
Nowadays, at least a few minutes before and after every sit, I do "around the world turtle" combined with various sitting postures (lotus, double pigeon, kneeling, bound angle), and especially the seated angle as shown in the video
Over time (months, years), gradually spread your legs farther apart.
☯🦍🎱 Eight Pieces of Gorilla
The Crown Jewel of Qigong Gorilla. It's not enough to just do some mobility and pliability exercises in a sitting posture. You need to work all day, in all postures, changing bad habits which cause tension and tightness, and replacing with new good habits of staying pacified, relaxed soft. And doing man sessions of exercises (even just a few minutes) throughout the day to dissolve existing knots and tension before they get worse.
🎱🦍 Eight Pieces of Gorilla
1. 👣 Buddha takes a stand
2. 🚶🚶🚶 march of the arahants
3. 🧘🐢 FLT: Full Lotus Turtle goes around the world
4. 🐳🐉 swimming dragon in repose
5. 🐙 Subtle medusa rules heaven and earth
6. 🐯 mountainside archer surrounded by tigers
7. 🦅🐉 flying with the dragons
8. 🦍🎵 Gorilla jazz improv
☸ Lucid 24.org 🐘🐾a-p-pamāda 🐘🐾 = assiduity. Assiduous practice of ☸Dharma for Nirvana